8.14.2013

Amazing chia seed pudding

Today I discovered chia seed pudding. I don't mean discovered as in "woah, never heard of that before", I mean mind blowing, personal discovery of delicious. Seriously, I forgive yogurt from ever betraying me, simply because it don't need its ungrateful self anymore.
Once upon a time, on one of the many paleo and/or health and/or dairy free sites I frequent, I found mention of chia seed pudding... For breakfast.  Pudding for breakfast? Say no more, I want it! I finally got ahold of some chia seeds at my grocery store (mind you, they are not hard to find, I'm just forgetful) and surfed around the many recipes to find the RIGHT one.  But, they are pretty much all the same, so screw that. Of course, cursing, I also realized I forgot to restock my almond milk (my recent replacement for soy milk when I realized its just BETTER), but I was determined to have it for breakfast tomorrow... Well, today...
So I busted out a dreaded can of full fat coconut milk (I hate coconut, but I am necessarily forcing myself to overcome that) and mixed it up in a jar and tucked it away until now. Omgosh, delicious in a bowl. Pretty, too!

It was so good, I almost forgot to drink my coffee... Almost. 

Here's the recipe:
1 cup milk (cow, almond, soy, full fat or light coconut, etc)
1/3 cup chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp maple syrup/honey/other sweetener (optional)

To do:
Mix all ingredients well in a bowl or jar. Do not blend the chia seeds. If you use a blender, stir them in after. 
Cover and refrigerate 5 hours to overnight. 
Add in any extra tasties you wish and nom!

Easy, huh? Next time, I think I'll add a couple tablespoons of cocoa powder and feel like I'm really being naughty for breakfast. Mwahaha. 
Using the full fat coconut milk made it come out super thick. Like, stick a spoon upright thick. You don't see me complaining, but I'm eager to compare once my almond milk is back where it belongs in my fridge. 

Happy eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment